Rods by Reid specialise in ground breaking award wining hot rods that are built to be driven. We believe there is nothing more important than the chassis, understanding proportions and technology to combine performance, stance and attitude along with looks and reliability. At Rods by Reid we take your fun seriously and have the experience, knowledge and confidence to deliver you a custom chassis for miles of comfortable and reliable cruising.
All our frames are jig assembled. We can supply a custom chassis from a stage 1 – Model A, ’32 ’33/’34 ’35-’40 Ford using new rails to any stage of completion for your requirements.
Our standard features include:
- 10 or 12 point tubular centre section with removable trans mount
- Fully boxed, tig welded (American Stamping Corp rails)
- Main centre and rear centre crossmembers extend through to the rail for added strength
- C-notched and re-enforced at rear
- Polished stainless spreader bars (optional)
- Doubler plate installed in engine mount area
- All body mounts installed (stock steel floor clears our centre section)
- Primed internally
- Choice of So-Cal front crossmember or ready to accept IFS
There are endless combinations of suspensions, brakes, rear ends, motor and transmission choices. We have over 50 years of evolution in building chassis and can guide you in the correct choices for your Hot Rod or Custom Car
Rods by Reid are also Dealers for Morrison Enterprises, USA. We have imported and used these chassis. Morrison chassis provide superior handling and improved ride quality with a lower stance, an excellent foundation to an American Classic or Muscle Car and Pickups